KEI Technology - Integration Of Future Convenience,
The next generation for promotion, analytics, and efficiency is here.
Imagine the possibilities enabled by a simple, reliable system for determining when a device is near a known location.
New categories of promotion, time-based incentives, arrival bonuses…. combine the physical and digital world in ways not possible even a year ago.
We see a number of immediate applications for beacon technology:
- Hyper Local Retail Promotion: Offer your customers immediate, relevant promotions for the products they are browsing in your store.
- New Possibilities for Incentives: Make it exciting – add a time limit to entice them! You know that they’re on site, and when they arrived. Why not have some fun?
- Spacial Analytics: Where to people spend their time? How fast do they move through your space? What catches their eye? Study consumer behavior like never before.
- Loyalty Systems: Do away with cumbersome loyalty card management. Beacons enable you to validate the user’s location and provide a streamlined system for loyalty programs and membership benefits.
We make this knowledge available to customers that want a top-tier deployment and want to leverage the investment made by our team of Electrical and Software Engineers.
- Ecosystem Development: Beacons are most valuable when considered as part of a coherent mobile ecosystem involving Apps, Cloud, and Analytics.
- Ranging and Calibration: You want your beacons to trigger the special features of your App in very specific areas.
- Customization for Your Application: We don’t just sell beacons, we make them. Our team builds hardware, writes firmware, and develops the application and cloud services that power our ecosystem. We’re here to discuss your specific needs, and can tailor a hardware solution to your exact specification
NFC (Near Field Communications) can be used in many environments to connect people and devices to information.
Provide real-time information to your community through NFC engagement points; instant bus route information, city maps, construction and roadwork information. Reduce paperwork with digital product sheets and instruction manuals. Gather useful feedback on new products, initiatives and projects. Create bread crumbs for consumers to follow in your retail store, theme park or museum.
Beacon technology makes apps and devices contextually and location aware, allowing mobile apps to deliver relevant content.
Also known as iBeacon and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), Beacons are the next frontier in proximity communications. Add Beacon to your apps to provide user and system triggers on entry or exit events within specified zones. Automate your home or workplace. Enhance and personalise the experience for your shoppers in your retail environment by providing relevant product offers and information.
Versatile and feature rich, manage all your Beacons, NFC and QR from the cloud.
Linktaggers Cloud platform provides full real-time management of your Beacons, NFC and QR Codes. Change where an NFC tag sends a visitor, or the message displayed to a loyalty card owner as they enter your store. Deploy NFC and iBeacon easily and quickly.
use the Linktagger Cloud platform for:
QR Code Management
Short URL Management
iBeacon is a Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 (BLE) technology which transmits a signal up to 100 metres away that can be detected by mobile devices.
From a consumer perspective, users with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled phones can enjoy interactive, personalized and unique experiences by shopping, travelling, etc based on micro-geolocalisation. The principle is simple: context-relevant notifications and targeted promotions are automatically triggered when approaching a beacon.
For brands and retailers, iBeacon opens up new ways to closely interact with customers and prospects, using highly relevant, personalized marketing campaigns to entice them to take action or give feedback.
iBeacon, Android and iOS
iBeacon is the trademark term by Apple, but the BLE technology behind it is an open standard. Thus, any BLE compatible Android phones can also interact with iBeacon devices.
Following devices are basically compatible: iOS and Android devices with Bluetooth 4.0 – Android 4.3 devices and newer versions – Windows Phone 8 devices.
How to use iBeacon?
As a retailer or brand
Integrating iBeacon in the mobile marketing strategy offers brands and retailers massive opportunities. The technology can be used to enhance and personalize the whole shopping experience
For example, you can target potential customers walking by your shop to drive traffic in-store within your specified iBeacon-enabled zone. You can also use the potential of indoor geolocation to convert visits into purchases by sending targeted offers and m-coupons throughout your customers’ in-store journey.
As a consumer
Both the brand and the consumer can benefit from this type of tailored communication. For consumers, iBeacon can be a real-time “best deal” detector while shopping.
For instance, users can get relevant offers and information from stores nearby straight to their smartphone screen, at the right time!
However, Beacons are just another “point of entry” to the mobile web, a new way for users to access your mobile content.It’s now up to you to creatively inspire your audience to action using this new technology, with smart valuable marketing campaigns.
iBeacon VS NFC: Which technology use?
NFC and iBeacon are two fundamentally different technologies, that are often wrongly compared with each other.
Basically, they are both offering a way to link the physical to the digital worlds and are both based on contactless technologies: RFID for the first one, Bluetooth for the other. However, the experience provided to consumers are not the same: one is a PULL mechanic, the another actually is pure PUSH marketing.